Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Fran's interview with Morgan



Q- What do you know about Global Warming?
A-I know that its not just warming its also cooling in some parts of the world. I know that its making a lot of species endangered. I know that a big factor to it is greenhouse gases emitted by humans, in short it our fault. I know that if we make changes to our lifestyles we can either lessen or stop completely the negative effects of Global Warming.

Q- Do you know major causes of Global Warming?
A-  Pollution by cars and factories are a big component of greenhouse gases. Other than that I'm not really sure of any other causes. Maybe that’s what the point of  this interview is that people aren't informed and they  need to be .

Q- What are your thoughts on recycling? Does it help? Do enough people do it?
A- I personally recycle. My family recycles everything that we can . We reuse plastic bags and we recycle paper goods. People should recycle more a lot of people do it but not enough to make a huge difference. It’s a drop in the ocean.

Q- Who does Global Warming effect the most?
A- Everyone, meaning it effects the people who are trying their hardest to stop it which is unfair. It affects animals which are on the verge of being extinct or endangered. It indirectly the generations to come.

Q- What  do you think school can do about Global Warming ?
A-  Teachers can inform their students about the dangers of it and schools can make an effort to become more eco-friendly like recycling, composting, using more efficient appliances, and serve food that are organically grown. Maybe schools can start small gardens and have the students help.

Q- How do you think we could make the message stick?
A- I think people are suckers for animals so you could show people pictures of animal from Global Warming. Then you could tell people how they personally are effected by Global Warming.

Q- What about the people who don’t think they cause any of it?
A- You could have them do an activity that shows them how much their daily life harms the environment. They could track their carbon footprint and see the harm they are causing.

Q- Why do some people think that Global Warming is a hoax?
A- They don’t see the effects of it they think its just a hot day or the Earth is just evolving but evolution doesn't happen that quickly. So obviously something is going wrong.

Q-  What can the government do to help Global Warming?
A-  They can make it mandatory to recycle not jut recommend it. Also they can make energy efficient appliances more affordable so everyone can buy them.  

Q- What can you do to stop Global Warming?
A- Like previously stated I can use energy efficient appliances. I can eat organic foods although they are expensive, maybe I can start my own garden.

I chose to interview Penelope because she seems to know something's about Global Warming. I also know that I chose her because I thought I would teach her a little about it and that’s just what I did.  

My Reflection


I am glad that I chose to interview Morgan. I thought that I could help teach people about Global Warming. Sometimes people think they know everything about it but the truth is they don’t. There is so much to know about it and I wan to help spread what I know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment